12.5.15

Beattie Communications - Flybe stakeholder media list







Rationale - Flybe London City Stakeholder Media list

Item Name: Flybe London City Stakeholder Media list

Client: Beattie Communications

Date Work Undertaken: November 2014

Involvement: I’d made media list before so I knew what needed to be done to complete the task. I was told what publications I needed to find transport and government correspondents for. I undertook follow up phone calls for each correspondent to find out whether they were attending the event. The media list was approved by my colleague and few changes were made as it was majority my work. This research was 90% my own work and the follow up phone calls were 100% my own work.

Types of Work: Research and Communication

Objective of Item: 

To identify transport and government correspondents at national press
To follow up whether correspondents were attending the London City Flybe event and complete stakeholder media list

Audience Targeted: 

Colleagues at Beattie Communications

Tactics: 

List transport  and government correspondents at national press
To identify their names, publications and contact information
To identify their RSVP status and confirmation for the event


Evaluation:

My team liked the media list and it was used to identify numbers for the Flybe London City event. I also received positive feedback on my telephone etiquette and communication skills. All relevant information was gathered and my colleagues were happy with the result. 

Reflection:


I’d written several media lists before so I didn’t struggle with the task. Initially, the idea of making follow up phone calls to professionals in transport and members of parliament seemed daunting to me. However, I was able to use my communication skills and determination to overcome this obstacle, making sure I completed the objective of the task in the time slot I was given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment